Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Youth Dance





So one of the thing I said I love to do is Dj church youth dances. This past Saturday night I did a youth conference for a really awesome stake here in Vegas.The kids were loud and energetic which made my job so much fun. I took this picture while standing on a big box sub that was sitting on the floor. I jumped up there and yelled, "Picture time people."


There's always those couple of songs that make some of the kids want to show off a little. This picture was a lucky shot. I was standing on that sub again above the crowd. I remember that I heard all his change hit the floor.



All eyes on me huh? This is one of my favorite things to do as an activity. Its the snowball dance. At this point during the dance, the kids are having so much fun they'll do whatever. I really like this. Gets everyone slowdancing
.


So this is what the whole setup looks like. On the stage are two 12in highs. They alone could supply the dance with plenty of noise. But right on the floor in front of me I have side by side two, 18in box subs. The lights are something that we just got to try out for the first time this dance. They are the coolest L.E.D. lights I've ever seen. They can be any color and so much more.

All in all it was such a fun time. I had the kids jumping up and down to their favorite musics. Slow dancing to some classics, and even doing the Cotton Eye Joe, which is a must by the way.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I really like the way your dances look. Very appealing to the teenage people. I bet you are a grand master at DJ-ing.I hope you had a great time my brother, Eric!